[Untitled] Weekly Community Podcast/livestream

Hey everyone, I’ll be starting a community driven weekly live-stream starting on Monday September 21st. The aim of this weekly show is to act as a one-stop location for community members trying to stay up to date and informed on developments in the Sushiswap ecosystem. The weekly show would also serve as a platform for community members to discuss popular current proposals. My vision is that this would be a show made by the community for the community, so anyone within the sushiswap community will be able to join the weekly call. My initial role in the show will be both as an organizer, host, and as operator for the recording/streaming side, but ideally as the community grows we can reorganize.
This is an open call to any and all who are interested in participating/contributing, please reach out!

I have linked below a short mock-up of what the live-stream would look like. Cheers!

and if you weren’t impressed by that… check this out
( °^°)つ─☆*·゚🐢

7 Likes

Do we have a big enough community to warrant a weekly show that is separate from dev reports?

1 Like

My belief is that the amount of news that is generated in a single week is massively overwhelming for both people who are returning to the crypto community, and newcomers to the crypto community. I intend this to be an easily digestible show for people to stay up to date. If you’re already reading through crypto-twitter and discord daily, this *probably will not offer any new news per say, other than the opportunity to have an open space for community discussion. I’d argue having an open, weekly call for the community to discuss their grievances/concerns/optimism/and thoughts in a moderated format is more important than the simple news briefing section of the show

2 Likes

First episode is up, all feedback is welcomed!(my fan will be off for next time x_x) If you are interested in participating next week, please contact either me or overly_ambitious via discord or on the forums
( °^°)つ─☆*·゚🐢

2 Likes

Sorry for the late update, Next episode will be in ~2 hours at 10 PM EST, 2 AM UTC. All are invited to listen and discuss any topic related to sushiswap you wish to discuss. For the future, unless any community members raise concerns or request a different time I believe this will be the schedule going forward, every sunday at 10pm EST(which is 2 AM UTC on a monday).

1 Like

the call will be held in the #voice_lounge in the discord

1 Like

Just an update; The next sushi forum podcast will be held Tuesday,October 6th, at 11PM EST in the #sushi_forum voice channel.
Time Conversions here: 8M PST, 3AM UTC(Wednesday),1PM AEST(Wednesday),12PM JST(Wednesday)

We will be talking with both @ChesterLaCroix and @SushiMiya about the PR proposal. If you’d like to listen in or ask questions feel invited to join in! Or if you can’t make it, the recording will be uploaded as usual.
:sushi:

2 Likes

The next Sushi Forum will be held this upcoming Monday,October 12th, at 11PM EST, time conversions just for posterity:
8M PST, 3AM UTC(Wednesday),12:30PM ACST(Wednesday),12PM JST(Wednesday)