This proposal is to create comprehensive PR and Marketing strategies which help facilitate transparent and immediate communications between the SushiSwap core team and the global community, to improve SushiSwap branding, increase community participation in DAO, and help the dev team build up a more user-friendly SushiSwap based on the community’s feedback. With effort of core team and community , we can together make SUSHI the most powerful community-run project in the crypto world.
From day 1, the community has been very interested in trading and farming on SushiSwap. However they lost confidence after SushiSwap experienced a price crash. In order to re-build the community’s trust in SushiSwap, I am proposing a series of PR/Marketing campaigns to implement a series of branding & marketing strategies.
- Social Media: Publish project highlights, proposals for vote, news and announcements on twitter and Wechat at least three times a week. Collaborate with designers from the marketing team to facilitate in posting more pictures or other visualizations in order to gain more reviews
- SushiSwap Community Content Publishing: Collect articles monthly from the community on topics related to SushiSwap. Topics can be around their own funny stories with SushiSwap, proposals to SushiSwap development, SushiSwap LP/Price prediction, SushiSwap Project Evaluation, and any other topics the community is interested in. Review and select the most valuable article and publish on SushiSwap Medium/Wechat. Assign SushiSwap Journalist Badge to the writer and reward the writer.
- SushiSwap Road Map Updates: Collect project progress from team and report project progress to community. I will be creating a core project/ proposal execution status dashboard and collect information from the dev team on tasks status, start date, due time, assignee and risks. This project/proposal status dashboard will be shared with the community on social media weekly.
- Community Feedback Collection Campaign: Collect community’s feedback on new proposals, new features and other cool ideas. Create a community feedback intake online form to collect feedback from community and then forward the feedback to dev team to help create more community selected SushiSwap features.
- SushiSwap Volunteer Campaign: Collaborate and lead all volunteers to work together to complete volunteer tasks and reward volunteers upon task completion. The volunteer tasks will be announced on social media and task details will be explained on discord/Wechat groups to volunteers. I will be tracking volunteer task completion status with the community managers and reward volunteers in time.
- China Marketing Campaign: Due to lack of dedicated PR/Marketing in China, SushiSwap’s branding in China has been negatively impacted. However China is one of the biggest crypto markets and it is very important to SushiSwap’s long-term development. I will be collaborating with China community managers to execute the following plans:
- SushiChina Media: Partner with top China Media and create and publish PR articles across top China media platforms;
- SushiChina digital marketing campaign: Design SushiSwap stickers, pictures and videos and encourage the community to share on their social media;
- AMA: Host AMA with China community bi-weekly;
- Manage 50+ community groups;
- SushiChina Meetups: Host meetups and discuss project development, proposals and road map with the community more closely at least once a quarter in China (when virus situation is allowed)
- Support dev team to add CN to SushiSwap.fi website
- Other SushiSwap Marketing Campaign: Work with marketing team and implement Brand Standardization, Marketing Outreach and User Growth, Web Presence Development and Improvements, Social Strategy, and more https://www.notion.so/SushiSWAP-Marketing-Proposal-5f67f362bb19428091925a54b1f78e57
I propose to lead and implement the above strategies. I propose the budget be allocated from the Growth Fund. Budget will cover all expenses incurred during the plan execution:
- Execution & leadership bonus
- Community manager compensation
- Reimbursing volunteer expenses
- Running Marketing Campaign
- Volunteer task completion rewards
- Paying Media for publishing PR articles
- Meet up venues, preparation and logistic expenses
- Any costs of freelancers I may use
- All other plan related PR/marketing expenses
Some background on myself:
Miya, Joined as WAKIITA and have been managing SushiSwap PR/Marketing and publishing our SushiChef twitter and official Wechat accounts. Have been a passionate and contributing member of SushiSwap since day 1. Entered blockchain in late 2016 and founded a blockchain media/branding strategy company based in Silicon Valley and China. Have hosted 3 global blockchain conferences with 100+ speakers, 500+ blockchain companies and 2000+ attendees in 2017, 2018 and 2019 in Silicon Valley. Co-organized a Finance Blockchain conference in Xiamen, China in 2019. Have been successfully providing PR and branding strategies to several crypto projects across the world.
- Budget of 50k SUSHI monthly for executing all above 7 strategies for 6 months
- Budget of 50k SUSHI monthly for executing all above 7 strategies for 3 months and review the budget plan again after 3 months