Some pools are doing great, others not so much, to bring a bit more balance I’ve analyzed the performance and made some suggestions on changes to optimize volume and TVL. All feedback welcome… I’m sure there will be many opinions, but please think about this: are you saying pool X should have more rewards, because you’re in that pool? Or because it will help Sushi overall perform better
Happy to take all feedback and unfortunately I’m not sure how we could “poll” the community to get the best outcome for the community on this one… I guess I’m looking for comments such as: If we increase rewards on X by Y%, this will bring improve overall performance because Z… or: W can drop rewards on X because there are no other places that give much yield, so all liquidity will stay anyway…
Anyway, tough topic, this one… bit subjective. Anyway, some of my thinking behind the my suggestions:
- UNI pool has no incentive on UniSwap, so we could still bring more TVL and Volume
- For some pools we already have most of the liquidity and volume, because there are no rewards in other places… so dropping rewards somewhat will probably not lead to drop in liquidity or volume.
- USDT is the best performing pool competing with UniSwap… UniSwaps pool is much larger. Doubling rewards may well double the TVL and volume. Worth the experiment, an adjust next month is it doesn’t perform.
- SUSHI doesn’t perform great, but well, we should keep supporting it of course
- UMA, COMP, sUSD, BAND… these aren’t performing well and there’s no growth left in these it seems… better invest more in other pairs.
It’s not perfect, it can’t be… but is that a big step in the right direction?
- Yeah, overall a good move…
- Nope, this is garbage