POSTPONED TIL LATER TIME IN SUSHISWAP’S DEVELOPMENT
Hi SushiSwap community! After a great two weeks of interacting with you all on this proposal, we’ve decided to postpone this initiative until a later time. The immense support in favor of the proposal shows that the community believes in having a best-in-class native mobile app for SushiSwap at the right time. In the meantime, our team will continue working on other initiatives to support the innovation and growth of the SushiSwap community. If you have any ideas for collaboration, please do reach out to me via DM in discord.
Thank you everyone for your time and consideration towards this proposal! To be continued…
To see the mockups now and read full proposal later, just scroll down!
A critical factor in SushiSwap’s initial success was the elegance and minimalist sophistication of its web interface which attracted and enabled the entire DeFi community to engage, interact and transact with the protocol. In order to build upon the success of the web UI, led by @OmakaseBar, it is necessary to bring SushiSwap to mobile devices to further expand SushiSwap’s presence and influence beyond the niche DeFi community and into the greater public.
Mobile is the leading device interface in 2020 and it’s dominance will only grow further in the future. Furthermore, financial services is one of the fastest growing sectors of mobile apps. In addition to the migration of already online populations from desktop to mobile, for the billions of “unbanked” around the world, mobile is their first gateway to the internet and financial services.
Although SushiSwap launched with great success on desktop web, much in part due to mobility restrictions resulting from COVID-19, the overall DeFi community is a highly mobile-device-dependent user base. Whether it be the SushiSwap, or any other DeFi community, one need only refer to the overwhelming comments across community channels on how users have been “glued” and “stuck” to their desktops for the majority of the 2020 DeFi revolution in order to participate, interact and transact.
Therefore, it is an immediate and essential priority for SushiSwap to mirror and grow the initial success of SushiSwap on desktop to the mobile environment.
There are two primary motivations for immediately beginning development of a SushiSwap mobile application:
Improving and increasing the overall SushiSwap experience and value proposition for its existing users;
Achieving broader adoption and expansion of the SushiSwap ecosystem among the general public.
Servicing existing users
Users NEED to be mobile. Swapping (exchange) and providing/removing liquidity are the two most important functions in DeFi.
AMM & LP interests require an “always-on” experience that only a mobile application can provide.
SushiSwap competes for front-of-mind screen time among the plethora of other desktop browser-based applications.
Achieving greater public adoption
Mass adoption of DeFi applications WILL OCCUR THROUGH MOBILE, just as the evolution of financial services (Fintech) is occurring on mobile. I.e. Robinhood, etc.
Viral expansion of SushiSwap is only attainable through mobile as it is the primary vehicle for sharing and awareness.
Nearly 2 billion unbanked individuals around the world will access the internet and financial services through mobile devices. SushiSwap can be one of the onramps.
There are many value propositions for immediately developing and deploying an Official SushiSwap Mobile Application. The most obvious and beneficial to SushiSwap’s current and future standing include:
- Providing the best user experience for existing SushiSwap users; enabling them to capitalize on the core functionalities around AMM Swaps, LP interests, yield dashboards.
- Showing the SushiSwap and broader DeFi community the rapid innovation and development of the platform through community governance, thus further validating the platform/brand and shaking off the negative perceptions of being “just a fork”
- Increasing engagement both within the existing community and broader public through viral mobile dissemination (TVL/Liquidity/Tx Volume/etc.) thereby increasing revenues/rewards. (I.e. Crypto.com = mobile first + referrals on steroids + real life usability/value)
- “Pulling ahead” - To date, there is virtually no mobile (not mobile web) DeFi application that provides true value to its users, let alone that has an attractive/intuitive visual interface and feature-rich and highly transactional-oriented UX.
- We commit to developing and launching the Official SushiSwap Mobile App according to the timeline and specifications in this proposal. Note: We have already begun the work!
- We commit to the ongoing development and support of the SushiSwap Mobile App pursuant to the community’s approval.
- We commit to full transparency of the project INCLUDING non-anon. project leads, should the community request it.
Compensation (UPDATED PER FEEDBACK)
- We will charge 85k Sushi for the development and launch of the Official SushiSwap Mobile App on this payment timeline:
- ⅓ alpha version launch (development viewable to community)
- ⅓ at beta version launch (iOS TestFlight/Android Testing)
- ⅓ upon final delivery of the Official SushiSwap Mobile App (Live)
- Ongoing Maintenance of the Official SushiSwap Mobile App: 15k Sushi/yr vested monthly. Renewable annually per community vote.
- Continued major development and new versions/features: To be quoted and voted upon for approval by community members.
Our team has been developing SaaS, Fintech, Mobile, Blockchain/Smart Contracts, and Cloud applications for over 10yrs and for some of the largest tech companies in the world including Google, Alibaba and other venture-backed companies. Most of our team comes from Adobe and other renown technology companies and have many years of professional technology development, design, security, and project management expertise and experience. We come prepared with readiness and excitement to participate in the rapid growth of SushiSwap.
Some of our previous projects include:
References and project lead bios are available upon request
Specifications (v1) ALL CODE WILL BE OPEN-SOURCE AND AUDITABLE
View your existing investments in SushiSwap and watch them grow in real time. We’ll show you current value, net gains in dollar and percentage values, as well as transaction fees paid so far. Break this down by each pool, farm, etc.
Connect to an existing wallet by scanning a QR code (I.e. Metamask), giving permission to an existing mobile wallet (using walletconnect.org) which supports Trust wallet and Argent, or connecting through Bluetooth (hardware wallets such as Ledger Nano).
Wallet Integrations (UPDATED PER FEEDBACK)
Wallet choice and usage are very personal to users. As such, we will integrate/connect with as many wallets as possible with an initial emphasis on the most widely used mobile wallets including Metamask/Coinbase/IMToken and others, thus enabling users to immediately and seamlessly begin using the Official SushiSwap Mobile APP upon launch. Security and Privacy of users assets are Priority #1 for SushiSwap.
Once connected, you can add another layer of security by using fingerprint/facial recognition to authorize transactions.
Get notified with customizable push notifications when there are big changes in Sushi price or volume related to your portfolio. Also get notified when transactions are confirmed or fail.
Provides the same best-in-class functions and attributes found in the web version of the SushiSwap AMM. Provides liquidity and finds you the best price to exchange between your held token and targeted token. Future upgrades will include innovations in features spanning the AMM ecosystem, ultimately making SushiSwap the defacto swap exchange and AMM in the DeFi and broader market.
Provides a seamless and intuitive liquidity positioning mechanism to enter LP positions, yield farm and other yield bearing strategies to earn yield or borrow to increase your leverage. Research, Enter/Exit positions, and Claim your rewards directly from the app.
Stake your SUSHI to earn more Sushi (xSUSHI).
Zensai (Appetizer): We’ve already started!
UI Video (click to watch)
THANK YOU FELLOW SUSHI CHEFS AND COMMUNITY FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!
- Yes! Serve up the Official SushiSwap App!
- Yes! But I have some dietary requests to address.
- No, leave it off the menu for now