Proposal for The Official SushiSwap Mobile App *POSTPONED TIL LATER TIME IN SUSHISWAP'S DEVELOPMENT*

POSTPONED TIL LATER TIME IN SUSHISWAP’S DEVELOPMENT
Hi SushiSwap community! After a great two weeks of interacting with you all on this proposal, we’ve decided to postpone this initiative until a later time. The immense support in favor of the proposal shows that the community believes in having a best-in-class native mobile app for SushiSwap at the right time. In the meantime, our team will continue working on other initiatives to support the innovation and growth of the SushiSwap community. If you have any ideas for collaboration, please do reach out to me via DM in discord.

Thank you everyone for your time and consideration towards this proposal! To be continued…

To see the mockups now and read full proposal later, just scroll down!

Summary

A critical factor in SushiSwap’s initial success was the elegance and minimalist sophistication of its web interface which attracted and enabled the entire DeFi community to engage, interact and transact with the protocol. In order to build upon the success of the web UI, led by @OmakaseBar, it is necessary to bring SushiSwap to mobile devices to further expand SushiSwap’s presence and influence beyond the niche DeFi community and into the greater public.

Abstract

Mobile is the leading device interface in 2020 and it’s dominance will only grow further in the future. Furthermore, financial services is one of the fastest growing sectors of mobile apps. In addition to the migration of already online populations from desktop to mobile, for the billions of “unbanked” around the world, mobile is their first gateway to the internet and financial services.

Although SushiSwap launched with great success on desktop web, much in part due to mobility restrictions resulting from COVID-19, the overall DeFi community is a highly mobile-device-dependent user base. Whether it be the SushiSwap, or any other DeFi community, one need only refer to the overwhelming comments across community channels on how users have been “glued” and “stuck” to their desktops for the majority of the 2020 DeFi revolution in order to participate, interact and transact.

Therefore, it is an immediate and essential priority for SushiSwap to mirror and grow the initial success of SushiSwap on desktop to the mobile environment.

Motivation

There are two primary motivations for immediately beginning development of a SushiSwap mobile application:

1. Improving and increasing the overall SushiSwap experience and value proposition for its existing users;

2. Achieving broader adoption and expansion of the SushiSwap ecosystem among the general public.

Servicing existing users

• Users NEED to be mobile. Swapping (exchange) and providing/removing liquidity are the two most important functions in DeFi.

• AMM & LP interests require an “always-on” experience that only a mobile application can provide.

• SushiSwap competes for front-of-mind screen time among the plethora of other desktop browser-based applications.

Achieving greater public adoption

• Mass adoption of DeFi applications WILL OCCUR THROUGH MOBILE, just as the evolution of financial services (Fintech) is occurring on mobile. I.e. Robinhood, etc.

• Viral expansion of SushiSwap is only attainable through mobile as it is the primary vehicle for sharing and awareness.

• Nearly 2 billion unbanked individuals around the world will access the internet and financial services through mobile devices. SushiSwap can be one of the onramps.

Value Proposition

There are many value propositions for immediately developing and deploying an Official SushiSwap Mobile Application. The most obvious and beneficial to SushiSwap’s current and future standing include:

• Providing the best user experience for existing SushiSwap users; enabling them to capitalize on the core functionalities around AMM Swaps, LP interests, yield dashboards.
  • Showing the SushiSwap and broader DeFi community the rapid innovation and development of the platform through community governance, thus further validating the platform/brand and shaking off the negative perceptions of being “just a fork”
  • Increasing engagement both within the existing community and broader public through viral mobile dissemination (TVL/Liquidity/Tx Volume/etc.) thereby increasing revenues/rewards. (I.e. Crypto.com = mobile first + referrals on steroids + real life usability/value)
  • “Pulling ahead” - To date, there is virtually no mobile (not mobile web) DeFi application that provides true value to its users, let alone that has an attractive/intuitive visual interface and feature-rich and highly transactional-oriented UX.

Development Commitment

• We commit to developing and launching the Official SushiSwap Mobile App according to the timeline and specifications in this proposal. Note: We have already begun the work!
  • We commit to the ongoing development and support of the SushiSwap Mobile App pursuant to the community’s approval.
  • We commit to full transparency of the project INCLUDING non-anon. project leads, should the community request it.

Compensation (UPDATED PER FEEDBACK)

• We will charge 85k Sushi for the development and launch of the Official SushiSwap Mobile App on this payment timeline:
    • ⅓ alpha version launch (development viewable to community)
    • ⅓ at beta version launch (iOS TestFlight/Android Testing)
    • ⅓ upon final delivery of the Official SushiSwap Mobile App (Live)
  • Ongoing Maintenance of the Official SushiSwap Mobile App: 15k Sushi/yr vested monthly. Renewable annually per community vote.
  • Continued major development and new versions/features: To be quoted and voted upon for approval by community members.

Team

Our team has been developing SaaS, Fintech, Mobile, Blockchain/Smart Contracts, and Cloud applications for over 10yrs and for some of the largest tech companies in the world including Google, Alibaba and other venture-backed companies. Most of our team comes from Adobe and other renown technology companies and have many years of professional technology development, design, security, and project management expertise and experience. We come prepared with readiness and excitement to participate in the rapid growth of SushiSwap.

Some of our previous projects include:

References and project lead bios are available upon request

Specifications (v1) ALL CODE WILL BE OPEN-SOURCE AND AUDITABLE
Portfolio
View your existing investments in SushiSwap and watch them grow in real time. We’ll show you current value, net gains in dollar and percentage values, as well as transaction fees paid so far. Break this down by each pool, farm, etc.

Account Management
Connect to an existing wallet by scanning a QR code (I.e. Metamask), giving permission to an existing mobile wallet (using walletconnect.org) which supports Trust wallet and Argent, or connecting through Bluetooth (hardware wallets such as Ledger Nano).

Wallet Integrations (UPDATED PER FEEDBACK)
Wallet choice and usage are very personal to users. As such, we will integrate/connect with as many wallets as possible with an initial emphasis on the most widely used mobile wallets including Metamask/Coinbase/IMToken and others, thus enabling users to immediately and seamlessly begin using the Official SushiSwap Mobile APP upon launch. Security and Privacy of users assets are Priority #1 for SushiSwap.

Biometric Authentication
Once connected, you can add another layer of security by using fingerprint/facial recognition to authorize transactions.

Push Notifications
Get notified with customizable push notifications when there are big changes in Sushi price or volume related to your portfolio. Also get notified when transactions are confirmed or fail.

Swap
Provides the same best-in-class functions and attributes found in the web version of the SushiSwap AMM. Provides liquidity and finds you the best price to exchange between your held token and targeted token. Future upgrades will include innovations in features spanning the AMM ecosystem, ultimately making SushiSwap the defacto swap exchange and AMM in the DeFi and broader market.

Liquidity/Farming
Provides a seamless and intuitive liquidity positioning mechanism to enter LP positions, yield farm and other yield bearing strategies to earn yield or borrow to increase your leverage. Research, Enter/Exit positions, and Claim your rewards directly from the app.

Staking
Stake your SUSHI to earn more Sushi (xSUSHI).

Settings
Currencies/Languages/Themes
Communities: Chat/Discord/Twitter
Etc.

Zensai (Appetizer): We’ve already started!
Initial Mocks

UI Video (click to watch)
[Video]

Wireframe (click to visit)
WireframFull

THANK YOU FELLOW SUSHI CHEFS AND COMMUNITY FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

• Yes! Serve up the Official SushiSwap App!
  • Yes! But I have some dietary requests to address.
  • No, leave it off the menu for now :cry:

0 voters

4 Likes

looks well,but how can i use to connect wallet in another app

1 Like

Nice but way too expensive considering Omakase did most of the work and you are reusing his UI. As far as I know, we have another team working on mobile and their proposition was almost 6 times cheaper…

1 Like

Thanks! We’ll be supporting Metamask, Coinbase Wallet and other major wallets for the Official SushiSwap app! Feel free to add any that you want to have integrated!

Thanks! But actually, it’s quite a bit more involved to do mobile right than just “forking” code. Also, we’re not “using his UI” we’re abiding by the UI guidelines set forth here: https://company-200946.frontify.com/d/v8LPTYgngx83/guidelines We would be building the infrastructure from the ground up to provide the base for a long-term mobile strategy!

1 Like

Just putting together the final timelines. Will be added in a few hours!

While I think this is a well written proposal, since this is offered at market rates in USD, it’s really just a tender for business. If we consider this proposal, we’d have to open it up for tender by other development firms too.

The levx proposal in contrast is a community proposal (levx already built a full web UI in support of the community) and gets rewarded in SUSHI (they support and believe in Sushi). The levx proposal includes updates, which this proposal doesn’t. And since we aim to continue to innovate, there will be many updates.

3 Likes

Hey @BoringCrypto! Thanks for the feedback! Especially honored to have a SushiSwap OG like yourself to chime in. (Aside: I’m stoked about your upcoming work!) We’re ALL for the community and have been part of it since Day 1! This is most def. a community proposal. We as a community, ARE considering this for proposal which is why it’s up here for everyone to talk about! And the awesome thing about our community is that ANYONE can submit their own and get the community’s feedback and votes! We’re totally down to take payment in Sushi…just wanted to provide some reference to expectations in fiat terms. We DO provide updates too! And at the same exact rate that levx quoted! Updates = Updates, New Innovations = New Innovations :wink:

1 Like

love it! nice UI and color

1 Like

If the app could integrate with the Metamask, I think it’s a cool feature, I really don’t want to import my privary key into multiple app. love it.

1 Like

Thanks @whereisyong! We’re using the official design guidelines! Might come up with some new fun/cool Sushi themed graphics too :wink: Feel free to share any ideas you might have! :raised_hands:

Thanks for the comments @live9080! No question! Metamask integration is Priority #1 for wallet integrations! Question for you: What would be your most wanted/needed feature/function for the mobile app?

Repricing the proposal in pure SUSHI, not tied to USD, would make it a lot easier.

2 Likes

I think the design is cute. The logo, icons, and relaxed color palette remind me of a mobile cooking all game. Would enjoy using…

1 Like

Thanks @BoringCrypto! Will do! We’ll modify that along with some additions we’ll be making in the next couple of hours.

Thanks @debcmowry! That’s definitely what we’re going for, although can’t take full credit as we’re following the design guidelines that have already been put in place by our official Sushi Chefs! Sort of like they arranged all the fish and garnishings behind the Sushibar for us to use to make sushi! :laughing: But yeah, we’ll continue on the theme of fun + usability :raised_hands:

Also, this is unlikely to be the style we’re going for (https://company-200946.frontify.com/d/v8LPTYgngx83/guidelines#/basics/component) as we’re (ChecterLeCroix and Kastrye) working on branding/style right now…

1 Like

@BoringCrypto thanks for the suggestion. I’m working with @siliconvalleys5 on this project. We’ll update the design with the official style guide when it’s ready. We just wanted to show what style guide the current design is based on

3 Likes

I’m sorry but honestly I’m not getting good vibes from this proposal, despite that I didn’t vote no, and believe that if you address a couple things this could be a worthy proposal

• You’re claiming you’re all about community and success of sushiswap, yet you’re quoting price in USD and request 1/3 of the payment before any deliverables - how do we as a community can trust you that you won’t just run away with 45k after this proposal would get approved? Why are you quoting in USD rather than sushi if you believe in sushi as much as you say?

• What’s the timeline for this? When can you potentially deliver beta?

• Quoting and voting additional updates will take forever and add additional hurdles to innovation, at the same time, how does this demonstrate your commitment to sushi / this app?

• Price could easily double if you charge similar amounts for integrating further updates such as BentoBox etc.

• Will this be open source? How can we trust your code?

• There is a proposal for mobile app already, marginally cheaper with same features. Why would you submit this proposal? Lack of awareness or do you believe you can offer a better product? How? What would make your product better to justify the higher cost?

• Too much sales fluff for my taste

3 Likes

HI @Bob_Arctor: Thank you very much for your comments/feedback/suggestions. We’ve replied below:

• You’re claiming you’re all about community and success of sushiswap, yet you’re quoting price in USD and request 1/3 of the payment before any deliverables - how do we as a community can trust you that you won’t just run away with 45k after this proposal would get approved? Why are you quoting in USD rather than sushi if you believe in sushi as much as you say?

RESPONSE: We are definitely all about the community and want our proposal and work to express/prove that. Per your and other’s very helpful feedback on how we priced, we realized that our intention of showing commitment by pricing in USD to address the possibility of the Sushi price going down from current price, we unintentionally incorrectly messaged that we’d be hoping to arbitrage unfairly. Absolutely not our intention. As such, we’ve revised the pricing quote in Sushi (see proposal Compensation revision). To be clear: We want Sushi…and we want it to go up!

• What’s the timeline for this? When can you potentially deliver beta?

RESPONSE: Great question and thank you for bringing it up. First, to address the “running away” with payment before delivering. Point noted and we’ve revised accordingly so that we DELIVER FIRST, get COMPENSATED SECOND (see proposal Compensation revision). In addition, to further address the commitment point, we’ve spent the past 8 days (multiple person team across global time zones), researching code, developing the mocks, etc. so that we’ve been able to show the community actual examples of our work, including some of the tools and processes we employ. We hope that this upfront investment in time and resources strongly shows our commitment.

Re: Timeline - We’ve been working on this and will have a timeline added to the proposal by 12am Pacific, 9/29/2020.

• Quoting and voting additional updates will take forever and add additional hurdles to innovation, at the same time, how does this demonstrate your commitment to sushi / this app?

RESPONSE: We’ll be delivering everything spec’d in this proposal and probably quite a bit more. We hope that this is only the beginning and that our work will prove our capabilities as well as commitment to the long term success of SushiSwap. Going forward beyond that, we believe that the community will have more streamlined proposal/quoting/approval processes that enables all new development to move quickly while staying true to the community ethos. There’s a proposal in place for a working fund which will definitely facilitate this process.

Apologies: I’m not clear on what you mean by “how does this demonstrate your commitment to sushi / this app?” I’ve addressed commitment above.

• Price could easily double if you charge similar amounts for integrating further updates such as BentoBox etc.

RESPONSE: Apologies: I’m not clear on what you mean here but I believe that following formal proposal/quoting processes as set forth by community governance addresses this. The costs quoted in our proposal will not change once/if passed.

• Will this be open source? How can we trust your code?

RESPONSE: Yes, completely open source and auditable. Will add clarification in proposal.

• There is a proposal for mobile app already, marginally cheaper with same features. Why would you submit this proposal? Lack of awareness or do you believe you can offer a better product? How? What would make your product better to justify the higher cost?

RESPONSE: We have had the vision for the Official SushiSwap Mobile APP since the very beginning of SushiSwap and have been working on this proposal for a while now. We believe that we’ve put forth a solid proposal with clear objectives, detailed specifications, fair costs and other standard details contained in a professional technology development proposal which stand on their own merits.

• Too much sales fluff for my taste

RESPONSE: Sorry to hear that but we sincerely appreciate the time and consideration you’ve given our proposal and hope for your ultimate support!

1 Like