Many volunteers are making expenses (server costs, contract deployments, online tools, etc), we should reimburse them. Also we could do many useful things and move a lot faster if the team had a discretionary monthly budget, a Growth fund.
Currently we have a dev fund with around 11M SUSHI, but to make any withdrawals we need to go through multi-sig, which takes days and is a burden for our signers. So I propose we ask the multi-sig signers to transfer a discretionary budget to the team once a month to streamline this.
The Growth fund can be used for:
- Running community contests
- Reimbursing volunteer expenses
- Paying small grants and bonuses
- Small projects done by freelancers
- Other marketing expenses
- And I’m sure many other cool things
Every month the team requests the Growth fund to be topped up by the multi-sig. Team will report at least weekly on expenses paid. Of course the goal is NOT to empty the fund each month, but to have enough to not get slowed down by running out. Each month the fund will get topped up to the set amount. So it’s the maximum amount, to be spent with care and accountability.
Initially funds will be under control by @0xMaki (since he’s CEO) and are his responsibility. He may choose to provide smaller budgets to other team members as needed.
- Only need to annoy the multi-sig signers once per month (most aren’t directly involved with Sushi)
- Significantly speed up operations and allows for much faster iteration of ideas
- Keeps volunteers happy, as some have been “promised” some rewards or at least reimbursement of expenses but are yet to see any
- Create a lot of fun and community engagement with small prize contests, etc
- Community doesn’t have full control over every SUSHI spent
What is the maximum Growth fund size the team should top up to monthly? (We’ll use weighted average)
- 200k SUSHI
- 150k SUSHI
- 100k SUSHI
- 50k SUSHI
- 25k SUSHI
- 0k SUSHI
- I don’t like this proposal